Monday, April 23, 2012

Mad, Wicked Good News


Here is some inspiration for all you historical novelists out there. . . .

Sharon Biggs Waller is the author of a beautiful YA (which has major crossover potential) set in the Edwardian era in London, filled with romance, suspense, and suffragettes. I first began working with her about two years ago, and received this email from her last week:

"Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that I have an agent!  John Cusick from Scott Treimel Literary Agency.  I had a full out to four agents and one editor and I've been in that holding pattern for weeks and months, but then I read on Twitter that John was looking for YA historicals that were set in the same era as Downton Abbey.  I filled out the online form on Friday, and Monday he asked for a full in the morning.  He tweeted later in the day that he had a manuscript that he couldn't put down and would probably finish in one sitting.  Well, that manuscript was mine!  Yesterday he called and offered me representation.  He said the swift turnaround was a first for the agency.  He also said that my manuscript was the cleanest he'd ever seen and just mentioned some minor things.  As soon as I get that to him he's going to send it around to several publishers.  He's very excited about it and he totally got my book and my characters.  In fact, I think he understood them better than I did!  He's my dream editor and I'm walking on clouds right now.  I had to send rejection letters to those other agents.  What a surreal experience!"

Congratulations, Sharon! Can't wait to see A Mad, Wicked Folly in print.

- L'Editrice

No comments:

Post a Comment