Wednesday, December 14, 2011

RICE'S OWLS come home to roost

If you're still looking for that perfect holiday gift that will thrill everyone on your list, look no furtherRice's Owls is here! To quote the Rice University Athletics Department's press release, "[a] photographic chronicle of the daily life of a family of owls who took up residence on the Rice campus in 2010 has become a unique holiday gift opportunity that will also benefit the student-athletes at Rice University."

The author-photographer, Robert Flatt, has generously funded this project entirely himself and is donating all proceeds to "the Owl Club, which supports the overall goals for the Rice University Athletic Department by generating the funds for scholarships for . . . student-athletes in 16 varsity sports."

And did I mention that I edited the book, giving me the inspiring experience of working alongside the amazing Mr. Flatt on a project that has additional meaning for me, as I'm also a Rice alum, just recently back to my (and Rice's) hometown of Houston? Also, I brought Victoria Jamieson on board to do the design work--it was so fun to work with her again, and she did an amazing job, as always.

- L'Editrice

P.S. Check out these videos to see why Robert says, "Life is good!"

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, the narration on this video is Jennifer Livingstone- unless there are multiple ones in the community I think it's one of my PAAs from Jones :) such a cool small world.

    ReplyDelete