Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In which I obsess about TV (potential spoilers)

Indulge me for a bit, please, as I'm reveling in all the fall shows starting up again:

- Not that this is a unique plot point or anything, but I feel like the meh "Life, Unexpected" is totally stealing from the far-superior "Pretty Little Liars" (read the books before you watch the show!) with the whole teen-and-teacher-fall-in-love-without-knowing-the-age-of-each-other thing. (I keep debating taking L,U off my DVR schedule, but it does make for good background TV while I'm doing housework . . . )

- Is Oprah God? I kind of think when you have that much money, you pretty much have all earthly powers, and luckily she seems to use them for good.

- "Gossip Girl" is definitely stealing from "Mad Men" with that whole Chuck-assumes-a-new-identity thing.

- Speaking of "Mad Men," if you can get your hands on the September 13th issue of Rolling Stone, the article on MM is excellent. I especially thought the insight on Joan's character and her place in society was profound, and relates to how awesome the past two episodes of the show have been. (The September 5 episode is my favorite episode of the whole show thus far.)

- I'll end with some MM-related self-promotion: Friday is the last day to vote for me in the Mad Men Casting Call Contest. : )

TTFN,
L'Editrice

1 comment:

  1. Are you watching that new show with Melissa Joan Hart? It was a fun surprise on ABC Family the other day at the gym. Pretty ridiculous, but still good.

    ReplyDelete