Thursday, March 4, 2010

W/b/s!


It just occurred to me that my job allows me to do not just one but TWO of my favorite childhood pasttimes for a living: The first one is obviously reading, but the second one is writing to penpals.

When I read authors' manuscripts, I'm learning so much about them and their characters and different worlds, just like I did when I was little and would write to all my penpals (some of whom were, ahem, better correspondents than others). And then I get to write back these long letters to everyone. And even though I've never met the majority of them--just like I never met my Romanian penpal, Laura--I feel I know them so well and that we're friends. (I hope my authors feel the same way--or at least recognize my niceness through my constructive criticism/bossiness. Come to think of it, bossiness may also have been one of my childhood hobbies . . .)

All that's missing is the Lisa Frank stationery. I may just have to remedy that. . . .

TTFN!
L'Editrice
P.S. Woah, I just came across a bakery that makes Lisa Frank cupcakes. And they're in my hometown!

No comments:

Post a Comment