Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let it snow . . . books!

I'm thrilled to let you all know that two of my authors just released their books this week--and interestingly, both are going the self-published route, and offering traditional and digital options.

They are . . . Eric Robespierre's hilarious and poignant memoir Cracking the Walnut: How Being a Little Nuts Helped Me to Beat Prostate Cancer and Neesha Meminger's boundary-breaking YA novel Jazz in Love. As you can probably already guess, they are very different books, but what they have in common are authors who told a story only they could tell--and to awesome effect. I'm so honored to have worked with these amazing writers.

Speaking of self-publishing, I thought this story was pretty cool and inspiring. I'd already been very interested My Princess Boy just because of the subject matter, and then reading about My Name Is Not Isabella made my to-read list even longer.

In other "Cool People I Know" news, my friend Sarah Pitre is featured in this article, giving me even more reason to want to emulate her (and her awesome fashion sense), as I have since I first met her in college.

Finally, on a non-book-related topic, if you haven't yet come up with any New Year's resolutions (or already let yours slide), how about resolving to be nice/polite to telemarketers? I've always thought this was so important (they're people, too, no matter how annoying it is that their jobs force them to interrupt your dinner), but an incident today really drove this home for me. I promise, civility is the gift that keeps on giving . . .

Bittersweetly,
- L'Editrice

No comments:

Post a Comment