Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Christmas gift that's both classic and very "now"

1) From Martha Mihalick, my colleague at my alma mater, Greenwillow (Isn't that a cute way of thinking of it? It just came to me):

"Greenwillow Books has been developing an iPhone app version of one of our classic picture books-- FREIGHT TRAIN, by Donald Crews--over the last several months. And now it's finally available in the Apple store!

It's really a cool app (and you can get it for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad), so please please please check it out and download it if you have an i-Thing and a spare $2.99 lying around. It's perfect for preschoolers, those of you who have toddlers yourselves, and those of you who just see a lot of your friends' and family's kiddos. Or just to download because you like me and support the efforts to bring books into the future so that I still have a job in 5 years. :) Tell all your friends.

Here's the link right to the app store: http://bit.ly/epbBtc"

2) Also, my present to you is this article I am loving today.

Rapturously repellent,
L'Editrice

No comments:

Post a Comment